Today we are proud to announce an important improvement to your Ultimaker: The hot end version 2!
IMPORTANT: The upgrade is now available in the Ultimaker shop and is intended for people who already have an Ultimaker. Ultimaker kits ordered from this point onwards will receive the new hot end bundle, at no extra charge.Â Customers that placed an order after the 19th of August and before today (7th of September) will receive a discount code via e-mail for the new hot end bundle. We will contact you in that case.
So what’s so new and special about this new hot end bundle?
The new hot end bundle is:
- Retrofit: All existing users can benefit from it as well.
- Fool proof when assembling: There is only one way to assemble it, no (more) small differences.
- Leak free: No more need to use teflon tape or ABS to make the extruder leak free.
- Free of plugs.
The new hot end bundle contains:
- Two existing parts: the PEEK and the aluminum heater block.
- Three new parts: Nozzle with screw part, brass pipe with flange and a teflon tube
- Nozzle with screw part: The nozzle is now easily changable as you can just screw it on and off.
- Brass pipe with flange: The flange will prevent leakage around the PEEK part.
- Teflon tube: Its main purpose is heat transition to prevent plugs, explained in more detail in the video. Also there’s less force on the bowden tube, making it less likely for it to pop out.
- Updated wooden parts for the printer head
- Extra parts: delrin parts, acryl plate, clamp and horseshoe.
For further details about the new hot end bundle we’d like to refer you to Martijn Elserman’s presentation (Ultimaker evening, 19th of August 2012):
The slides for the presentation are available here.