It’s time for another upgrade!
Our development team is keeping busy and via this post we want to introduce the new extruder drive mechanism.Â It is a derivative of the design ofÂ Bertho’s on thingiverse.
It has quite a few benefits over the old one.
The facts on the design:
- Retrofit – fits on all Ultimaker printers.
- Spring design – compensate for diameter differences in filament.
- The snap system – locks the extruder driver in place.
- Reliability – this design results in significantly better reliability.
- Easy assembly – you only have to replace a small part of the extruder not the whole extruder unit.
The kit is available for 22 euro (excluding shipping) and will be made available on thingiverse! This upgrade will be added to all out going kits from today.