Here at Ultimaker we have a vision of 3d printing. We feel that for it to thrive we need to focus on making the process as simple and versatile as possible ,only then can 3d printing reach its full potential to creatively change the world for the better.
We are relentless in our pursuit to realize this vision and an important step towards this goal is the software Cura.
Cura is an open source software, that slices the CAD files into g-code which the printer can read and execute. This piece of software is crucial for the printing process and it just got a whole lot simpler to use.
Unlike Cura’s previous releases, Cura 12.10, is the first release sponsored by Ultimaker, still remains 100 percent open source and for the first time fully compatible with Mac!
Here is a list of important new features:
- First run wizard is more user friendly.
- Heated bed is now enabled in the user interface!
- Time lapse web cam support only for windows!! The rest will follow soon!
- Support material with dual extruder enabled.
- Printing from USB is made easier.
- Support for the open format COLLADA (.dae) ,making direct exporting from Google¬† Sketchup possible.
- Pre-loaded additional .stl like Ultimaker carry handle and Ultimaker robot. More is coming!
Here are some screenshots:
All versions are available in the header¬† ‘Community’ -> ‘Downloads’.
We will leave you with a time laps done by David (our Cura software designer):